The Anderson Society is a senior leadership honorary that presents the Outstanding Sophomore Award each year. One student who has made extraordinary contributions to The University of Alabama and/or the Tuscaloosa community through his or her academic and extracurricular activities during his or her sophomore year will be chosen and tapped during the Honors Day ceremony. To be considered for this award, sophomores must complete an application and meet the guidelines listed below.
- Application Form
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.3
- Official transcript from the University Registrar
- List of outstanding honors, scholastic achievements, leadership experiences, and other activities (resume is acceptable)
- Two letters of recommendation, one from a faculty member concerning academic performance and the other from anyone able to assess your personal characteristics, which must be sealed and the envelope signed by the recommender
- Essay of a minimum of 500 words responding to this prompt: “What is the most important asset to The University of Alabama, and how have you contributed to this asset?”
After you have completed the application and the required materials above, please place the entire set of information in an 8” x 11” manila envelope and write “The Anderson Society, Outstanding Sophomore Award” on the outside.
If you have any questions about the activities or membership requirements, please contact email@example.com . Good luck!